- People in the older generation need a brand to help decision making to find a good product. In the previous era, the communication source is one
tomany communication or mass media, they have no forum or peer group that give them information and review. So they laid to most reputable and famous producer or brand. The reputable brand keeps their reputation and gives a good guarantee.
- Millenial generation does not depend on good reputation brand to find good products. They can read the customer review and their group and forum review. They more believe in their friend than advertising. The forum already has a role as the previous brand. Instead of using a brand that socially created, they use digital forum or group.
- Internet and computer reduce many business processes. It enables a company to find good outsource. It also reduces marketing cost. So competition so high. So many companies that disrupt older old style business model. So millennials prefer to choose a better offer. The old brand is not necessary. The new company often offer very good offer.
- Millenial often faces new wonderful ideas and new products. So, they also open to new products.
- Millenial has a growing nerd. A nerd is an enthusiastic group that opens to innovation. They have a forum about their enthusiasm. They like to try new products. They also like to share their ideas, so their follower often to adopt their ideas.
- Millenials aware that so many inventions that improve their hobby or work. So good brand products often obsolete because there better invention that more efficient and more effective. So they open to new products than loyal to the old brand.
- They get information about products is not from the brand ambassador, but from their groups. That includes the negative comment about a brand. So they can lose their loyalty.
Big businesses have extraordinary offers or value proposition. The offer is tempting to consumers, and competition is difficult to imitate. You are also difficult to imitate. But by studying various kinds of offers from big businesses, hopefully, you can find and make offers that are also extraordinary, useful and difficult to imitate competitors.
1. Body Shop
Microsoft is not the first GUI operating system. But they realize ubiquitous computing. Although not an early pioneer, Gates has introduced operating systems into the mainstream since 1975 and arguably made software an essential part of computing by taking advantage of the network effect.
It is the unusual offer of Apple: Transform how
IKEA have original brand mission : Make stylish furniture affordable
They create affordable price and smart furniture. They produce it by creating mass foldable furniture and distribute it in
5. Virgin Group Richard Branson
Founded by Sir Richard Branson, Virgin have
6. Walt Disney
Almost all children in the world like Walt Disney. Their brand proposition is Create
7. Southwest Airlines
Although he got his ideas about the low-cost airline model
Connected sellers and buyers with eBay (1995), facilitated transaction and governance with user ratings and inclusion of PayPal as a subsidiary (2002)
Since 1998, Google has been reinventing the search engine redefined online advertising people enjoy search engine-based advertising platform. Make the world’s information organized and accessible
Since 2001, Wikipedia has been redefining the encyclopedia and popularizing the collaborative wiki approach developed by Ward Cunningham (1994)Create a publicly editable encyclopedia.
Facebook Although he did not invent social networking (Friendster was introduced first by Jonathan Abrams in 2002 and MySpaceby Chris DeWolfe and Tom Anderson in 2003; Facebook was introduced later in 2004), Zuckerberg expanded the idea by introducing Facebook Platform (2007) and Connect (2008)and expanded social networking to a wider presence
What unusual offer that Linkedin provide? Reid Hoffman
What Benefit that